Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Yasmin Ahmad, A legend

I was surfing around YouTube searching for nice commercial video and I stumble across this video:
I feel extremely touched by the video.
Beautifully carved by the Malaysia's most talented Filmmaker.

I never know about this person.
I never even bother to know this person.
I know that she passed away few years ago.
Who is she?

I always enjoy the commercials by the Oil and Gas Company, Petronas every year since I'm young.
They have wonderful message at the end of the commercial.
Some make us cry, some make us laugh and some make us inspired.

However, I never wanted to find out about who is behind the scene.
But I am now.
I guess it is too late.
But her legacy still remain strong.
Based on her work, and her achievement.
She is a legend.
For Past, Present and Future generation.
True Malaysian at heart.

She won numerous award both locally and internationally.
Make Malaysian proud.

I just found out that she had a blog. Two blog actually.
http://yasminthestoryteller.blogspot.com/ (Closed)
http://yasminthefilmmaker.blogspot.com/ (Latest till her death)

There was a last blog post.
1 days before her stroke attack.
3 days before her death.
She even comment back those who comment on her post.

I tried to post a comment but...
I guess my comment will not get approval. Forever.

Of course there's a lot of debate about her, both good and bad.
But the thing is that the way her work inspire a lot of people, not many can do that.
I'm proud that she's a Malaysian and she wanted to make Malaysia recognized by the world through her film.
Al-Fatihah.
Rest in Peace.

Some of the info I got from: Wikipedia - Yasmin Ahmad
Click here to read Tributes For Yasmin Ahmad

***********************************************

I wonder...
The blog alive if the owner is alive.
When the owner died, the blog still alive?
What if the owner still alive and the blog died?
I guess... the blog hold pieces of the owner, alive and the moment freeze at the last blog post.

I wonder...
It'll happen to me one day.
It might happen to lots of blogger out there too.
If the blog is a personal blog.
When you're the only admin and the only owner of the blog.

It must be really interesting reading all those unapproved comments.
Sure got loads of it.

Life is temporary.
Live life to the fullest and use the time that we have left wisely.

Yasmin Ahmad death was a sudden death due to stroke.
It was so sudden and fast.
Not even have the time to say goodbye.

A question though.
How would you like your life ended?

I would like to died in peace as a Muslim with Syahadah at the end.
I wanted to have my own kids that pray for me everyday.
I would want to donate my healthy body part to those in need, if possible.
Insyaallah.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a comment! =]