Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A little update~ Monbukagakusho experience

From my seat in the examination hall

So now, exam is over and another life begins: Doing things that I suppose to do, and finished it.


How about the Monbukagakusho exam? Well, I think I did better than last year, especially for Mathematics (I love Maths!) But one thing I learn from this exam is that the exam format is always changing. So don’t expect that they will ask you question in one style only.

Expect the unexpected so that you won’t get shock.

I can still remember the Maths question vividly though, with some other question too (Argh!!! Question no 5 is wrong T.T). I hope I’m not too loud during exam... lol
Funny thing about Japanese Language exam is that I read the passage and I don’t really know what they talk about until I read the last paragraph. (><;;) lol

Entrance door to the exam hall

I met Seryna J H S a.k.a. princessvd there. She is such a lovely person, but still I hope I can talk to her longer though. First time coming down to KL and she prefer Penang. Can’t blame her, sometimes KL can be very horrible or very nice to you (what I’m talking about?? ><;;) lol

Confucius
The official opening ceremony was on my birthday! What a coincidence!
One of the classroom in this school. Wow.. look at the projector! lol

About the exam this year, there is lesser student who participates in this exam, perhaps due to the horrible disaster that hit Japan on 11 March 2011 and concerning radiation level at Fukushima Daiichi and some other nuclear reactor, I’m sure.

Normally the hall filled up till the end there (you can see half of the hall's light is off and the chair stacking up. That did not happen last year, as far as I remember).

According to Princessvd, she said, usually there’s one school in Penang every year will send a bus of students for this scholarship exam (except this year I guess). Every year, student from that school will get the scholarship. I think their teachers are helping them answering the IQ questions for the exam.
There’s only half of the hall is occupied by the student and only 221 applicants send application successfully according to this:
I'm NSA001 (click the picture for enlargement)
From my rough estimation of people who came, there’re approximately ±120 students and only 12 will be called for interview. So the probability around ~0.10 = ~10%. Better chances this year than last year. I hope I can get it with all the luck pouring to me and my own luck together with some additional prayers from myself, my parents and friends. About 3 weeks from now, I’ll get the answer. I hope for the best. ^^

These are some interesting pictures that I’d like to share: 
Preparation before exam (sort of, lol).
My tame chicken.lol (doing chemistry)
Arrow: My magpie robin! Watching me doing Maths and enjoying music. ^^
Snack! Edamame

Subway sandwich is amazing! 1st time choosing the right bread. It is delicious, fresh and healthy!
Watching this movie for some inspiration before exam. Quite okay but the storyline is quite dull. Nevertheless, I cried.lol My favourite actor there.lol
This thing I do for my STPM, still useful though. I'm doing Physics at the whiteboard, teaching myself. (><;;)




I still have one more ‘bullet’ left for the Monbukagakusho scholarship for undergraduate. If I didn’t get this year or next year, I will do the best to qualify for postgraduate Monbukagakusho exam in any local university. No harm doing that. I’m equipping myself with ‘tools’ for me to face any result or consequences whatsoever.

How many people who are similar to me? I mean, torturing oneself with STPM (one of the tough exam in the world, I think lol) just because one wanted to go Japan (that’s me!). No doubt, it is the best choice I’ve ever made. It makes me more mature than before, able to make decision wisely and I have super wonderful friends that are supportive there! I miss the time where Say Nee and I are fighting and bullying each other. She’s my best friend! Not to mention Kai Szu too! 

My classmates are great, my colleagues are wonderful and nice, prefectorial board gives me opportunity to shine in some ways and give me a great experience. 

No matter whether you hate me or you like me, well nobody is perfect, each and every one of you (mention above) is special to me. I’m glad that I meet all of you and I’m not regretting my decision. I’m going to remember STAR and ET (No, I’m not a talking about astronomy!).


STAR is a short form for my form 6 school name and ET is a short form for my tuition centre. 

Single word: Amazing.

P.S: I’m going to update my blog frequently from now because I’ve lots of things to share!

12 comments:

  1. hey... sorry for reading your post lately... exactly almost 2 years., yeah because now I really want to reach Monbukagakusho scholarship, so I am busy in searching what i need for it. I am very glad to meet someone like you. I can feel your personality through your post. I love you are sharing the worth things.. Your post is inspirating of me. Your experience is very valuable for me... now i would like to apply how youre studying, i think it's exciting.. THaks for yoUr Sharing.
    My name is Jack(fake) I am Indonesian. My email is jokrn.yk@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its alright :)
    Thank you for your visit.^^
    Good luck in getting the scholarship.
    I'm going to try for postgraduate after finish my undergraduate here.

    I'm glad that I inspire you in a way. :)
    Keep on working and never give up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Thanks for your post. It's really helpful. ^^ I'm wondering how's the format for the paper. I'm worried about it. Is it true that all the students who submits the application form correctly be able to take the written exam?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, sorry it's me again. I just want to know how's the 2011 Math paper like? You took Math A or Math B? Thank you again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I take Maths B since I apply for Science. Sorry, but I forgotten about the exam.. but the exam question isn't that hard but need to train to do Math without using calculator and its like STPM/Pre-U/A level question to me.

    Yes, you need to fill the application form correctly. But minor mistakes, you can talk to the embassy though.

    Hope you best of luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi aziana, i've been reading your blog recently. Well, i have many asks about the mext scholarship: 1)what's the appropriated average for apply to the scholarship? 2)did you met people applying for business administration? 3)how is the process to the application? 4) can you give me some recommendations?. I don't applied the past year because i don't was sure. I've been studying japanese for 3 years, my high school average isn't good (14 or 5). i wanna to apply to the undergraduate scholarship this year. i've chose business administration and for that reason i did a specialized course in math (like a master) now i'm sure for apply but i'm really sad because i think an bad average like mine is not acceptable to the scholarship. What do i do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me me! I'm taking Business Admin. I'm really worried about the maths exam. I tried doing the past papers and I can barely do it. Seems like the maths is a level slightly higher than what I've been studying. oh and Aziana, is the exam paper the same for undergraduates and postgraduates? (I'm taking undergraduates)

      my email: uzhma.zulkifli@yahoo.com

      Delete
    2. Uzhma, the postgrad and undergrad having the same english and japanese test paper. Only postgraduate no need to take maths and science. :)

      Delete
  7. Hi, are the Maths question as hard as STPM level? I've completed my SPM and will be sitting this test coming Sunday. Was wondering the scope is about the same as SPM level cus I'm fairly having trouble with the questions I'm doing :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I was quite busy recently ^^;;
      I guess the questions is much more harder.
      Did you take the test already? How it goes?

      I took STPM and barely able to answer it. Well, level is pretty hard I must say.

      Delete
    2. Yup, I took the test and I can't do it hahaha. Answered most of it based on guessing. Thanks for replying me!

      Delete

Drop a comment! =]