Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

HKUST International Summer Program 2012: [Enrichment Tour: Cultural and Heritage]

This is the first trip that I follow my fellow Summer Program exchange tour since I arrive late to Hong Kong.
I'm really looking forward to it as we can visit places in Hong Kong.
I took this picture at the place near the wishing tree
We first gather at HKUST atrium at 8 am before depart with our respective group.
I'm I'm in group 2.
We're going for heritage tour where we going to visit the old building and museum at the new territory of Hong Kong.

Itinerary:
Yuen Long Old Market, Nam Sang Wai, Ping Shan Heritage Trail, Tai Fu Tai Mansion
Lunch: Ping Shan Traditional Basin Dish
Drop-off at HKUST before 6pm
Me before going down.


Squid shaped cracker ~ Cute.

That's our tour guide, Monica.

This is the longest suspension bridge in Hong Kong.
The wire used for the construction can circle earth about 3 times!
Its kinda foggy... Because at that time is typhoon level T1.
I wonder does it related.

This is Hong Kong cargo port, 3rd largest after Singapore and Shanghai.
I wonder what number is Port Klang?? lol

can you see at the building? They mark 8 and 15th floor I guess.
My birthday month and date :D

The building they build is soooo high~ Look at that!
I guess civil engineer here got paid really well. haha
HKUST bus. We stopped at the the cookies factory.

This is sorta like coupon for us to retrieve free cake~

Friends for National University Singapore (NUS)
From left hand side:
Singaporean, Malaysian and Mainland Chinese :D


Beware!
This blogpost is loaded with lots of pictures. XD




This is called wife's cake. We get it straight from oven, while it is still hot!
Super nice.

The ingredients consist of winter melon, some nuts and it is very sweet!

We get free tea together with the cake.
The tea's fragrance is really nice~

Why Ipoh white coffee here in Hong Kong's factory? haha
Famous eh here?

Green taxi is for new territory, red is for all over Hong Kong, and another colour.. I forgotten.
The hair cut here is quite cheap.lol

Look at the coin shaped architecture at the old house.

The walkway through the village.

Look at the bicycle, they use it a lot I guess.

da
You can see the the road light here. I guess its pretty dark  at night without it. 
There's the barber shop! But it is closed. :D

The temple. Behind there is a school.

They use bamboo a lot for construction.

Walk walk~

Really have the historical feeling here.
Old building design and architectural of this village still exist here.

Interesting door.

I found this at the building. I guess it is to protect the building.

jh
Me and Lina at the entrance of the village.


This is different type of railway public transportation in Hong Kong.


Typhoon sign.


The wedding dress inside the museum.



These are the cemetery for this rich family.



Me in the middle together with other international student :)
(Taken from HKUST ISP 2012 fb page)

Big Bang craze here. wow.

Bus schedule time.


I saw magpie robin :D

4 star toilet!

This place is own by a rich family in this place.
They are well known for intellectual and their family academic achievement.


Me and Lina~
Found a mirror in this house.

Me :D
For our lunch, we are going to eat the  Ping Shan Traditional Basin Dish .

There's a lot of celebrity come here to eat this basin dish.

I got to say that their expression is priceless! XD
Epic picture.lol
Because the basin contain meat, I can't eat it.

So we only eat the vegetarian stuff.

Its, me and Lina's.
jm
My small bowl.

We're given instant noodle.
The instant noodle is a lot and I can't finished it!
Our table! =D
( Taken from HKUST ISP 2012 fb page)
I bring these in case I get hungry.
These type of SNICKERS's flavour I never see before.
Tree full of oranges.


The wishing tree..
Me and the wishing tree~

I'm born in Goat's year!

This is cold tofu.

We eat it with this sugar.

Its very refreshing and cooling.

I saw the eye shape.haha.

Nice..!

Its time for us to go back to UST.
But we decided to stop at Choi Hung MTR station.

Bus stop at Hong Kong.

This is a big and famous temple right in the middle of Hong Kong.
Surrounded by tall buildings.
cc
Group photo!

We all born in Goat's year~

Bride and Groom.
People come here to pray to get a good partner too.



I saw mainland china bank note.
I guess they come to Hong Kong to pray here.
I saw Japanese too. 


The architecture is pretty stunning element of the building.

The driving school car is having super nice design!

Hong Kong schoolgirl uniform.
It is pretty cute I must say.lol

Another type of uniform.

My dinner today. haha.
Take photo on one of the longest escalator in HK~
(From Kah Wai's camera)

It rains pretty heavily and the Typhoon warning level 3 is out.
Meaning that the typhoon getting stronger.

We stop by at a dessert shop before going back.

This thing is super delicious and nice!
The texture of the ice-cream is soft and light. I love it!
There's a branch of this dessert shop in Malaysia too.
Today is a very long day indeed, again.
Me feet was in pain~ It has been a while since I walk so much in my life! lol
It is a wonderful experience and unforgettable time with these wonderful friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a comment! =]