Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

HKUST International Summer Program 2012: [My 1st Class at UST]

Monday, 25 June 2012
My first day of class~

So the first day.
We need to do a lot of things today, especially in terms of catching up with our previous assignments and lectures.
1st week got assignment?
Yes, assignment. No kidding.

When we apply for this International Summer Program, we need to choose any course that we're interested and taking classes.
I choose Urban Air Pollution and IT Revolution.
I really love and enjoy both of these courses. It is something that I interested in.
Well, exam is a different story though.

So my first class today start with Urban Air Pollution.
Here is the description:

The course is aimed at providing students with insights in how to deal with environmental problems and the way in which science interfaces with policies. It will cover major topics on the sources of air pollutions, air chemistry, oxidation of organic compounds and issues on control of air pollutant emissions and air quality management.
My lecturer for this class is from England.
First time I have a western lecturer and he is so passionate in his teaching.
I really enjoy his lecture.
My lecturer: Professor Peter!

---------oOo----------

My second class is IT Revolution: Past, Present and Future
Description:

This course introduces the basic concepts in information technology and explores the many applications of information technology in our daily life from consumer electronics to internet to various sectors including medicine, business, and social networking, etc. Key technology breakthroughs throughout the development of information technology and its impact to various aspect of our society will be studied. These include the invention of the 1st transistor, concept of computing machine, representation of information in digital formats, miniaturization via VLSI technology, electronic communications from emails, mobile phones, sms, to video skype, imaging technologies in medical field, internet and social networking, image and video technology and websites like youtube, etc. The focus is to identify the key technological advances in information technology and understand how these advances led to revolutionary changes in our life and society.

I really enjoy both courses! I'm really glad that I take these courses. It is an eye opening experience.
I learn a lot. :)

More picture - click read more!



While waiting for my course mate to finish class to go eat lunch together~
This is the economic class lecture hall.
A lots of students...
Lunch at LG7
My vegetarian lunch set =)

Eggplant, broccoli, mushroom...
I really like this vegetarian set.

Enjoying my first day of class lunch. :)
The ice milk tea is really nice!
Then we go to the office to make our student card :)
It takes about 15 minutes to get our student card.
Our picture is taken on the spot.
Wow.. talking about efficiency +technology. lol

My HKUST student card!
Officially HKUST student :)
This card is useful for printing,  laundry, etc.


Then we enter our first class for IT and they are already assigned in groups and I am in group 7.
My group is consist of 2 local students and a Japanese ISP student.
They are very nice. I really like my group member. :)

My IT lecturer is a local lecturer (Hong Kong) and I really like his lecture a lot!
He's very knowledgeable in the latest IT including all these new social network stuff too.
I really admire his passion when he give lectures.
Such passion really make me wanted to listen to his lecture.
Since we missed our first week of lecture, there are video lecture recording in our LMES that we can watch back the lectures.
I really impressed with the facilities and the equipment here in UST.
This is the lmes page looks like and there're lecture notes, video lecture,..
UPM also have this and it is called Putra LMS.
But in UST, LMES is a very important page that we need to check it everyday.
I think that all the university have these kind of portal.
 Very useful.

McDonald's and McCafe here inside the university building.


Cake~

My dinner today :)
I'm still full eating rice during lunch.
So eat ice-cream and apple pie. :D

Ice-cream~

 Reach back to my room and do the assignment tutorials today for IT and hand in via LMES.
Have to do some catch up today (25/6/2012) !

1 comment:

  1. technology Technology is also known as technology in Hindi, and it has a big hand in our daily life because today it is not possible to move forward without technology.

    factorial hundred In the last few days, the “factorial of 100” is one of the top subjects and a lot of maths geeks compute it using voice assistants such as Alexa, Shiri, etc.

    factorial hundred In the last few days, the “factorial of 100” is one of the top subjects and a lot of maths geeks compute it using voice assistants such as Alexa, Shiri, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Drop a comment! =]