Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

HKUST International Summer Program 2012: [My Room]


After seeing my coursemate updated his blog, I also feel like my writing mood is coming back :)

So, for today's post, I'm gonna write about my room in HKUST :)
Can you see the outside view beautiful scenery?
Its beautiful!
I  love studying here. =)

UG Hall VII temporary resident card for ISP 2012 student

This is the access key card.
I need to pay HKD400 as deposit and I will receive the deposit money after I returned it.

We need the access card to enter our room instead of using keys like in hotel.
One thing with the card is that it got lost easily.
My room mate once lost it when the house keeping was cleaning our room and our bed sheets.
Apparently the housekeeper accidentally took the card together with the bed sheets and return it back.
Thank goodness. Or else every time we lost key card, we need to pay it. HKD80 I think.
So I keep my card attached to my UPM's neck strap.


From the 3rd floor lift, passing by common room... my room is at the end of the hallway.

My room is at the end.
Compare to 11th College (UPM's hostel where I stayed) a whole building is only for female students.
Here, they mix female and male in one floor. But the good thing is that we have our own sink and the bathroom is shared between 4 people  or two rooms share one bathroom.
Continue reading and I'll show you. :)



My room 307.
On the right side is a door bell.
My room is beside the bathroom+toilet.
So, two rooms share one bathroom+toilet we called it house mate.
Stay in same room, we called it room mate.
Same floor = floor mate
lol

My house mate as well as my room mate is from Mainland China.
Ah~ my room mate is a very nice person :)

Using the access key card to enter the room.
So this is.. well, was my room.

The best Hall in HKUST.
Now I know why.

My bed is on the right side.
This room is awesome. You have your own spacious study table, a lot of compartments for your stuff.
Normally, local student who stay in the hostel need to pay in order to use air-conditioner but for us, we can use it without paying it. But of course, it is included in the accommodation fees.

We have a small refrigerator of our own too :)
Ah~ love it!
This room is a bit smaller compare to 11th college but it is way way better.
Well, I pay about RM400 for one semester (about 3+ months) in UPM but I need to pay USD400 for a month here!
Well, do the conversion yourself ;P

My bed :)
We have our own sink and two mirrors. :D
Awesome.

My study table and a dustbin.
I really love the fact that they have refrigerator in the room.
My room is facing the sea, so when I lift up the curtain, I can see sea and their little islands.
Sometimes there's fog surrounded the view and it felt really mystical.
The scenery is like the old Chinese painting.
From my room's window, I can see the swimming pool.
I wanted to go for a swim but I didn't bring my swimming suit..


There's a football field on the far right side.
...and beautiful islands on the far left side.
Beautiful isn't it?
I'm so blessed. :)
But the scenery at night is pitch black. lol

Sometimes when I wake up early, I can see the sunrise from my room and it is really beautiful.
I treasure every moment I laid my eyes to the views.
If you can see the "star", it is where my hostel is located.
From the atrium, I need to take 5 elevators to reach my room. lol
Click the photo to enlarge
Taken from google map

The toilet+bathroom
My toilet and bathroom is especially for disable people.
We have hot shower well as cold shower.

Other house bathroom and toilet are separated but I guess each floor they have the facility for disabled student.
Which is wonderful.
Do Malaysia  such facilities for the disabled people? We have, but not as extensive as in Hong Kong.

Safety earthing I guess.


I paste my timetable and this is how my table looks like when I getting busy with assignments and stuffs.
We use internet a lot for assignments as well as passing up the assignment online.
But the internet speed here is awesome.
Compare with U-spot, oh my god. Pathetic.
UPM, please do improve the Uspot..
So they will put this on your table when they come and clean up the room and change the bed sheets.
So, that's all about my room in HKUST. :)
I will update my experience based on day to day picture that I took and will document it in this blog.

Thank you for reading!

My HKUST ISP 2012 experience:
  1. Departure
  2. My Room

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a comment! =]