Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Bahrain 2013: Ramadan Kareem

During Ramadan, all restaurant closed in order to respect this holy Month of Ramadan.
This is the local brand fast food: Jasmi's
I follow my cousin and uncle to this tailor shop that tailor high quality suits, etc.
I did follow my cousin for taraweeh prayer at the nearby mosque. It was a great experience though. They all mostly in black, but we Malaysian like to pray with white. Since I don't look local - Chinese or east Asian looking are pretty rare - I feel that maybe they see me a little bit 'rare' haha. There's a lot of Indian, Nepalese, Indonesian and Filipino working in Bahrain.
But we everyday pray taraweeh at home.
Malaysian here are mostly professional worker, like engineer, architect, etc..

During Ramadan, I follow my aunt, cousin, uncle to go shopping.
Basically we just stay in the house most of the time due to hot weather outside (its summer here).

Some vegetables that are normal vegetable in Malaysia like okra is frozen.
Since Bahrain is a desert-like topography, it doesn't allow any vast agriculture - in other word, it is not suitable.
TOP: Bottled chocolate water... I found it rather peculiar! lol
This is the popular brand here for Milk.
More photos here on our break-fast food here in Bahrain!



Variety of food for breaking fast
TOP: Majboos rice - my cousin's favourite.
Nyum nyum.
Top: LEFT: Beef
 Top: RIGHT: Chicken
This is swarma (sha-war-ma ?) nice to be eaten on the spot. Come together with green chili pickle.
The way to order:
Park the car nearby the restaurant - horn/wait for them to take order/walk to the restaurant to make order - wait in the car - they deliver the ordered food to the car

I am so craving for PINKBERRY! Nicee....
Choosing the best sling-bag to replace my old already-tear-due-to-overused-and-carry-overload-heavy-stuff sling bag at Marc by Marc Jacobs.
There's no tax charges and it is very cheap (almost 100% cheaper than buying it Malaysia).
I decided to buy the 100% nylon because I can wash it and easy to take care of, in comparison to leather.
[Take from my cousin's instagram @amirashanaz]
New launched Nose brand in Bahrain.
Nose is Malaysian brand.
They invited the ambassador to come for the opening.
Yaaa~~ its time to make cupcakes for raya!
My mom making roti canai. hehe
Gift from embassy of Thailand for Eid.
Last break-fasting menu :) Nectarine are nice!
That's all for my Ramadan here. So far it is pretty nice experiencing Ramadan here, in Islamic country.
Ramadan Kareem.

Next post will be the day of Eid Mubarak!


1 comment:

Drop a comment! =]