Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

2012 Chinese New Year

I know its a bit late for Chinese New Year update huh?
Anyway... my family Chinese New Year celebration is always a festive event.
I'm glad that my grandma looks healthy and happy.
Love seeing her smile. :)

So, right after Kak Yun's engagement, I went back to Penang Island visiting my grandma.

My favourite food during Chinese New Year is this:

Lai Chi Kang :) I love the nuts.
My dad, my aunties and my grandma
My brother and Sofea looking bored. lol
Then, my brother, my sister-in-law, Sofea, Ashraf and me go to this Arab cuisine, Tarbush Restaurant at Batu Ferringhi .
My brother wanted to try new kind of food.
Happy family~
This is Sofea's fish and chips. It is double fish chips I must say. Gosh the portion is huge..
My chocolate ice blended. Super nice!
My brother ordered briyani and it tasted great. Nyum!
This is mine. I forgot what's the name, but it is some sort of chicken kebabs with special dipping sauce. Nice.
Look at those empty plates and full stomach! Wah.. :O
On the 2nd day of Chinese New Year we have a lot of relatives coming and we eat together.
This is what I wear on the 2nd day. :D
We have nasi lemak every year for Chinese new year and my mother make muruku too. Its fusion festive food!
Of course steam boat too~
We definitely drop by at Penang Road every year without fail to buy some  nutmeg , etc.
I love Tambun biscuit. :)
Nugmeg.
Another type of nutmeg product
Sofea got freebies from the shop owner. haha

My ang pau for this year :D

Coming to Penang must eat this! I really like this thing. Once in a year must eat this! lol

The auntie is very skillful cutting the dough and mix it with nuts.

This is Muar Chee.. I think it is similar to mochi in Japanese.. But different texture .
Somewhere near Gurney Drive..


We going back home on the 3rd day.

Visit my grandma before we go back.
My grandma talk about how to make 'kuih kapit'. :)
 That's all for 2012 Chinese New Year! As usual, I let the picture say it all.
Till next post~

P.S: Next post will gonna be about 2011 Chinese New Year. >.<;;

2 comments:

  1. Wahhhh~~~ You're good in promoting my land....hahaha... No offence Penangites... Saya anak jati P.Pinang. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Drop a comment! =]